Dustin Lynch is celebrating 34 trips around the sun today (May 14).
In celebration of the country star’s birthday here are 5 facts that you may or may not know.
- Dustin was as a medical student at Lipscomb University. He shared with Cody Alan that medical school helped prepare him for life as a musician. “Everyone starts preparing you for the hard work that first year on radio tour. And, trust me, this is easy and fun compared to the workload I had in college,” he said. “And on top of that, you learn a lot about yourself in college. So I know how to live out of a bag, and I know how to run on two hours of sleep at night from doing what I did in college.”
- Dustin’s dream job has always been music. However, he revealed that his “nightmare job” is one that he has already held. “I was working in a sewage treatment testing facility. With my biology degree, I got this job at an environmental lab: We tested sewage runoff,” Dustin shared with Townsquare Media. “It's a job I'll never do again and I would never wish upon anybody. It was motivation to get my music in gear, though; it was the kick in the butt I needed. In desperation, you make things happen.”
- The first celebrity that Dustin ever met was Vince Gill during an inner-city children's golf tournament.
- Dustin’s guilty pleasure movies are National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, Step Brothers, or Wedding Crashers.
- Dustin keeps his private life relatively under wraps but openly admits that he once dated former Miss Kentucky Amanda Mertz.
Photo Credit: Getty Images.